Thursday, August 6, 2009


Think P.Diddys "Making The Band" meets "Project Runway" except only in blog form and Im the sole contestant competing against myself. The contest: to make the best collection of clothing I can. Hopefully, this blog will be a fraction as popular as these shows are and you will be one if its regular viewers. All analogies aside, I'm basically an aspiring fashion designer and this is my blog where you'll find some of my thoughts and my creations.

Why the name "Designs on Deck"? Well it does have a nice ring to it, i.e. "stacks on deck",(or any of one of the millon slang phrases to end with the words "on deck") but more importantly, I do actually have a lot of design concepts and personal projects at various stages(i.e. on deck)which have been gradually coming together over the past few months. All thats left now is to introduce them to you.

Whatever the final result may be and whether you like the designs or not isn't the main focus. Rather, my passion for design and the work I put in behind the scenes is what I intend to showcase in this blog. It is more about the overall creative process than the actual creation.

Fittingly, most of what I post over the next month will be rough,unfinished and perhaps even silly to some but its all a part of my design process. Just roll with me and you will see where it all ends. If I had my own way, I'd be presenting in New York fashion week this fall/winter. Who knows? I could happen but at the least, Im sure this blog will serve as something all designers can relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment